Home Contact Us Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC....

shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 8 months ago #1777

• Indian
  • ( Visitor )
Hi there,

I am from Gujarat. The Central List of OBC casts of Gujarat indicates one cast as Luhar/Lohar. Now both hindus and muslims fall into such casts/ community groups.

my question to all the sirs replying here is, are members of both communities (Hindus and Muslims) eligible for OBC certificate ? i.e. is the obc cast list independent of the religion followed by the cast ?

Thank you, waiting for your reply.

Re:shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 8 months ago #1788

• AnOBC
  • ( Visitor )
As far as Scheduled Caste is concerned, it is clearly stated in the Constitutional (SC) order, 1950, that only the castes listed will get benefit of SC, if such of those persons are Hindus or Sikhs or Buddists, but not with other religions.
As regards OBCs the caste means only the Hindu caste. An OBC converted to Islam or Christianity will do lose his OBC status, if there is no entry in the OBC list to the effect that such of those converts from OBC to Islam or Christianity are also included as OBC.
As far as Tamil Nadu State is concerned a clear entry is available as far as the converts to Christianity from BC/MBC, but no such entry is available in respect of converts to Islam from BC/MBC. So, any convert to Islam from a caste notified as BC / MBC cannot be considered to have the same status, unless specific entry in BC list stating that converted muslims from any of the castes in OBC shall continue to enjoy the status of OBC.
In your case please check OBC list of your State, whether any such entry relating to converts is specifically mentioned. If so, you enjoy OBC status, otherwise not.
Of course, a case is pending before Supreme Court regarding SC converts!!

Re:shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 8 months ago #1794

• Anil
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear,

Wishing You

a

Very Happy New Year 2012!

Before Come to any conclusion please verify with Local Authority

members of both communities (Hindus and Muslims) eligible for OBC certificate ?

YES,If Luhar/Loha are mention in your Birth certificate or LC then What ever your Religion is, you are eligible for OBC.Because in OBC list they did not mention any communities (Hindus or Muslims).

Yes,In thia case members of both communities (Hindus and Muslims) are eligible for OBC certificate.

Anil
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Anil.

Re:shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 7 months ago #1880

• Indian
  • ( Visitor )
I wish A very happy, proseprous and wonderful new year to Anil Sir and everyone here...

@anOBC, thank you for your reply as I had absolutely no idea about the obc eligibility before/after 'conversion' and how it affects it.

@Anil, I am grateful for your insightful reply. You understood it correctly what I could not ask properly.

Yes Anil, it is mentioned in my LC, but here in Gujarat-the applications to obtain the OBC certificate are sometimes turned down stating
'that is RELIGION SPECIFIC' and
not everyone can get the obc certificate even if you belong to a cast that is mentioned in the central list for the state. Though they don't give this in writing or do not cite any documented reference to it.

in this case the issue of 'conversion' to/ from Hinduism or any other religion is not applicable though.

While, at the same time, the website of National Commission for Backward Classes states, in FAQ no. 5 that..

link: www.ncbc.nic.in/Links/Faq5.html

When a caste/community or group is included in the lists, it is included irrespective of the religion or denomination followed by the members of that caste/community or group.

so it is clearly stated, as you too said, it is independent of the religion followed by the cast/community/group.

so does this mean I am entitled to get the certificate ?

What should be my next course of action ? should I file an RTI for not accepting the application/ issuing the OBC certificate ? What else can should I do ?

Waiting for ur kind reply..
& God bless ya all for whatever you've been doing good for mankind...

Re:shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 7 months ago #1891

• Anil
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Mr.Indian,

Mr.ShailendraWagadr(www.obcguru.com/) is a best

person to guide you.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or

09425003700 (Mob.) or 07146277477 (Res.)

Anil

Re:shared casts of Hindus and Muslims getting OBC.... 2 years, 7 months ago #1940

• Indian
  • ( Visitor )
I am thankful for the suggestion. Will surely put updates of my communication with Mr.Shailendra Waghadre so all those who've doubts regarding this can have a clear idea..

If anyone wants to share their knowledge regarding this, it would be much apreciated..

-Indian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds