Obtain Caste Certificate : Maharashtra
Any resident desiring to obtain the Caste Certificate has to fill up the application in the prescribed proforma available at the Mumbai City Collector's office.
In the case of a married women:
- Court fee stamp of Rs: 5/- is to be affixed on the application.
- School leaving certificate/ extract of birth certificate/ copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Govt. or semi-Govt. servant.
- Attested copies of the first page and lthe ast page of the Ration Card/ extract of the electoral roll/ rent receipt.
- The married women has to produce school leaving certificate/ extract of her birth certificate/ a copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Government or semi-Government servant, to prove her caste before marriage.
- Attested copy of the marriage certificate or marriage invitation card.
- Attested copy of the extract of the Govt. Gazette wherein her change of name after marriage is published.
An applicant who has migrated from other States/ Districts has to produce the caste certificate issued to his/her father/ grandfather by the competent authority of that State/District.
Address of Mumbai City Collector office
General Branch Mumbai City Collector Office,Mumbai City District,Ground Floor,Old Custom House,Mumbai